Old writer, new approach
I wish all writers and aspiring writers a quality life, and a successful career in writing. I am a twice published 72 year old writer, Certified Personal Trainer, and motivational speaker. My third book, "Survival of the Fittest," is nearing completion. I went back to college at age 71, studied for a year and became a CPT less than a year ago. I workout every day and weight train every two to three days. I'm proud to say that my body weight is the same as it was in 1957, when I entered my high school senior year. My book is a how-to for people that would like to develop a total health and fitness plan. My philosophy is to speed up, not slow down your activity level, with age. Muscles and brain cells atrophy from lack of use, not from old age. The following is a summary of my latest book:
· physical activity and aerobic exercise should be practiced daily;
· stretching and balance performed at least every other day;
· weight training and other resistance exercises every two to three days;
· good eating habits centered on nutrition and portion control, every day;
· brain exercises, such as reading, writing and/or puzzle solving, every day;
· eight hours of sleep each night;
· socialize with family and friends whenever you have the opportunity;
· and lastly, the best way to avoid or lessen stress—make the above practices the centerpiece of your existence.
BTW--TigerBobcat comes from being a Tiger in high school and a Bobcat in college.